Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bitten again...But This TIME I'm Prepared For Victory!

It happened again…bitten by a tick...again!

This past weekend while lounging on a friend’s couch, I was bitten by what appeared to be a Dog Tick. I had spent a lovely weekend, biking, running and swimming at Hilton Head Island. Back from our trip, I was reclining on the sofa and I noticed a tick crawling away from me up the back of the couch. I was horrified and ran to the bathroom to check my body for ticks and there was a round red rash and a bite mark.

It appeared to be a bull’s eye.

Usually Dog Ticks don’t carry Lyme Disease. They carry Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Colorado Tick Fever, but the

rash looked like Lyme Disease initially.



(same tick bite, two different looks)After seeing the bite, I had to leave my trip early

and drove four hours back home because I knew I had to start working on it right away. After all, I spent four years fighting Lyme Disease because I didn’t do ANYTHING after I knew I had been bitten.

Unfortunately, my friend didn’t have what I needed topically or internally so I raced back home, driving through a huge thunderstorm that resulted in several accidents (not mine) along the highway and not arriving until 12:30 a.m.

Once you’ve been bitten, it’s safe to assume that you were bitten previously, perhaps unknowingly, and will probably be bitten again during your lifetime. I thought maybe I would just never go outside during the summer and only take vacations in the winter, but
that is just ridiculous. I will not let a tick spoil my fun and keep me from living life to the fullest.

**The picture below is of me hiking in the same place I was first bitten by a Lyme carrying Deer Tick just a few years later after my recovery started. It's the Appalachian Mountains!

I know that maintaining my own health is my best defense. What makes this time around different is the speed in which I took action. Thankfully I knew I had been bitten, but I’m also not stressed out, deficient in nutrients, and don’t have other health issues like the time when my Lyme came back with a vengeance two years after I was bitten.

I can now say that my body is as perfectly balanced in nutrients as it can be. This is quite a relief because deficiencies are like cracks in asphalt. Over time they make for a dangerous road. I’m on a smell sensitive vitamins and taste sensitive mineral and an electrolyte kit.
This covers my base and provides me with the correct essentials for my unique body chemistry.

Arriving home, I took MMS. I do believe it has

great pathogen fighting qualities, but I also think people should take it with caution depending on the severity of the illness. A little goes a long way, so follow the instructions as closely as you can.

You can learn more about MMS here and the type I am taking currently for this new bite.

MMS Information

(I will write a newsletter about MMS in the near future.)

I also grabbed my aloe concentrate and put the concentrate on the bite. I took some of it orally as well. I know this not only supports my immune system, but it also has natural
anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-mold properties. Plus it squelches any type of inflammation (so I’m stopping the problem before it begins.)

Next, I took my taste-sensitive electrolytes. They were super salty so apparently all of that running around in Hilton Head caused an electrolyte imbalance (which is common and predictable.) I also used the electrolytes topically on the bite and I bathed in them.

Yes, the electrolytes are not only good for repairing an electrolyte imbalance, but are a great “heal all” for your skin infections.

I bathed in ozonated water the next day. I’ve already mentioned the ozone machine, but ozonating your drinking water and bathing in it is quite beneficial, not to mention you can also clean the air in your house with it. My ozone machine has a simple little connector hose where I can switch quickly from ozonating the air to ozonating water. I placed the hose into the bath to ozonate the water.

Oxygen kills every pathogen known to man, that’s why in small quantities it’s a FANTASTIC personal healing tool.

Lastly, I’m taking a short course of Doxycycline.

Why? Because I know that taking an antibiotic quickly after KNOWING you have a tick bite can drastically reduce your chances of becoming chronically ill. I’d rather be safe than sorry. Even though I’m really quite comfortable with the tools I just mentioned, I want to be extra
safe. Doxycycline is used to combat the diseases associated with Dog Ticks when taken quickly after being bitten.

I’m not against taking medications as a last resort or for emergency situations. It’s when medications are taken long term is where I disagree with conventional medicine.

Unfortunately most people are just too weak and sick from late diagnosed tick infections for medications to work successfully. I understand the concept of getting worse before getting better because I went through that, but too many people NEVER get better and stay on medications that keep their own bodies from functioning the way God intended.

This is when it becomes a downward spiral and there are just too many people with tick born illnesses whose weaken bodies are spiraling out of control.

After getting to the end of my own personal rope several years ago I went the opposite direction that most go for Lyme treatment, in an attempt to save myself, and I wouldn’t be where I am
today had I stuck to conventional ideas. I feel so pleased to have trusted myself so much because saying “Good-bye” to one of the top Lyme doctors in the country was psychologically difficult. Being a maverick does occasionally have its upside!

Final Thoughts

Strangely enough, I know I should be feeling ill already from this tick bite. Back in 2003 I had what I thought was PMS and flu like symptoms. I’m paying close attention to what actually
happens with my body. Will I get any symptoms at all? Will my bite heal quickly? (It took almost 4 years to get rid of my last bull’s eye.)

The only symptoms I have are from taking MMS and the antibiotic as I’m VERY sensitive to medications, smells and even sounds! I thought about going for a long run today, but I think it’s best to play it safe for now.

I realize that this probably won’t be my last bite as ticks are practically everywhere, but I think it’s prudent to have the tools that I’ve mentioned to shield yourself from future trouble
because I believe that even if you’re currently sick, you WILL be able to get your health back. You just have to continue to persevere.

Tick born illness is just another pathogen that we are exposed to on a daily basis, so to beat Lyme, you have to prepare your body for anything and everything.

I’ll keep you posted on this “new tick bite development,” but I’m sure I’ll have promising results.

Montacuk Monster

This was reported a few weeks ago. My friend, Les Roberts, the author of “The Poison Plum,” is mentioned in the article. I have no idea what the Montauck Monster is, but to me is seems like an experiment gone terribly wrong. (Hey, that kind of reminds me of Lyme Disease, which is said to have the same birthplace as the Montauck Monster.)

Click here to read more


Summer’s Strong Body Sale

I twisted the arm of the sister of John Kitkoski, the creator of the electrolytes, minerals, and vitamins I keep mentioning. She’s a sweet lady and I have been talking to her about how important it is that people have these products. She agrees, after all her brother, John Kitkoski, (go here to learn about him) has helped tens of thousands of people with every kind of disorder out there by balancing their body chemistry! He was way before his time and his products are the best out there!

I told her that some of the people on my list have been sick for a long time and have spent a ton of money on various things that didn’t work and they needed some type of break. She has
agreed to give you a 20% discount for the first 10 days of June, so take advantage of it. You won’t regret it.

To view these products go to:

http://www.healthtoheart.com/lifebalances.htm

Expect the best,



PL Fields


www.BeatLyme.com
Contact Arden For Lyme Coaching: arden@beatlyme.com

P.S. Some back issues of my newsletter are here on my new Lyme Disease Blog.

Comment. Post. Link Up. Just know that I'll try my best to moderate comments, but my first task is finalizing my exciting tell-tell book on Lyme Disease. Hopefully this will be a good place for people to meet up and share.

P.P.S Don't miss out on the sale. You're going to love these products!

P.P.P.S Don’t forget to forward this email! If you have a friend, family or acquaintance who you suspect might have Lyme Disease (or any other autoimmune disorder), let them
know you care! Give them information that they will THANK YOU for!

2 comments:

  1. Perry,

    So sorry you were rebitten. Other than insect repellants there are 2 things I have read that will supposedly make one less susceptible to tick bites. One is lots of garlic and the 2nd is extra B vitamins.

    Another thing you need to be aware of is that while Doxy will protect you from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme, Ehrlichia and Anaplasma and maybe Tularemia -- as far as I know it will NOT protect you from Babesia. Not sure about Bartonella either.

    You seem to have been one of the lucky few who had neither bartonella or BLO nor Babesia or the new mystery protozoa. Any of those coinfections exponentially compounds treatment and recovery in my opinion.

    Too bad you did not recover the tick for testing. You were very fortunate that you got a rash. Have read that there are certain strains of borrelia which cause a rash and others which do not. Unfortunately there is little research on this. Or the other theory is that if you get a rash your immune system recognized the infection.

    Best wishes.

    Bea Seibert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bea,

    Thanks for the warm words. I had Babesia and Bartonella the first time around from the bite back in 2003. Since those are not an issue anymore and I indentified the tick (Dog Tick) I'm comfortable with Doxy and the other things I'm doing to keep my immune system up. If I weren't comfortable I would of had the tick tested.

    (to everyone read this: You can send live ticks off to IgeneX and they can test the actual tick itself for disease.)

    Doxy is good for killing most things associated with the Dog Tick. Plus I'm taking MMS, large amounts of aloe and my essentials nutrients are balanced (and it seems like it's not a big deal, but I can vouch that it's imperative to get over disease).

    So far, I still have no symptoms other than the rash (and taking Doxy, which is only a precaution at this point). I'm thinking it's fairly localized and I know my body is familiar with is (hence the rash, it's usually tell-tell you've been exposed to the same diseases before).

    So far, it's going the way I figured it would go. I'm not the same person physically as I was several years back when Lyme really got me. My body has changed for the better and I've done all the necessary things to keep my system at an optimum level. Doing so goes a long way....

    ReplyDelete