Friday, August 14, 2009

Preping The Mind For Lyme Beating Excellence - Chinese Medicine


This week I went to a Chinese Medicine Doctor. This lady doctor owns a well known Acupuncture and Chinese
Medicine School in Asheville, North Carolina.


After my brief conventional Lyme treatment try back in 2005, she was able to help me walk up stairs again
and this was the first step for me in rebuilding my body …even though I still had a long way to go for a full recovery and still had many unanswered questions.


I went to see her again for a few reasons. One is that I haven’t seen her in several years and I wanted to let her know how I was doing. The second was to see if there were any issues I still needed to work on, because I seek excellence in health and am unwilling to leave any stone unturned. Just because I've done a 180 doesn't mean I'm going to LET UP anytime soon. Good health is something you constantly nurture.


Dr. C has an amazing ability to read people. I’m sure that is something she was taught in China when she studied medicine over there. Dr. C has not only worked on my body’s physical system as a whole, but she has worked on my emotional well-being and helped me release a lot of anger/fear and other poisonous emotions that surfaced while treating Lyme.


I didn’t tell her how well I was doing when I first saw her. I wanted to see if she could tell how well I really was. She told me exactly what I thought…which was, WOW you’re ready to run. I was always trying to get her to say that a few years ago, but both of us knew that I had a long way to go.


I’ll be working with Dr. C up until The World Championships in 2010 on any small issues which can be eradicated and also about any lingering negative emotions which might be eliminated.


I told her about the book and how it became a catharsis for me, not only to pass along to everyone what I knew but also to cleanse myself of the stressful situations and emotions which surfaced during my own personal hell the last few years. (Go to www.TheTickSlayer.com or more info.)


One of the first things she said to me was that I was still holding on to something. Her real interest is helping me make sure there is no lingering VICTIM TALK going on in my head because when I return to racing full time I will have to race and train like there never was a disease. This is probably one of the hardest parts of healing.. is to let all of the HELL you've been through go.


I wrote a newsletter some weeks ago about this same situation, so it was interesting to hear her say this and be of like mind with me. She told me a story about a woman who had cancer and she advised her NOT to go to the cancer meetings. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?


So for the rest of the year, most of my “Health Maintenance” will actually be on working on my emotional well being with Dr. C as well as making myself a real ROCK physically.


As far as Chinese Medicine goes, I think if you find someone who really knows what they are doing (true with anything right?) it can be a very helpful and supportive therapy to get. It obviously isn't the ENTIRE picture, but with Lyme Disease ALL help is HELP and works towards the end goal, being LYME FREE.


Health Reform Is A Bust


A newsletter receiver (and fellow Tick Slayer) sent me this email (Thank you, Desiree).


For health reasons I’ve been trying to stay slightly ignorant on this topics (because I'm the type of person when I get angry...I REALLY get angry), but I will pass this along to you, because from what I see we have a HUGE problem surfacing if health care is reformed the way that the current administration wants it. It won’t be good for people with Lyme Disease. If you thought you have it bad now…just wait.


Don’t get upset, just pass it on and write your representatives (That’s supposedly what they are
there for.)


Copy of the bill:


http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf


Here are a few big ones from the list I was emailed:


● Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.

● Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.

● Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)

● Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American
financial and personal records.

● Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have,you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!) If you think doctors are bad now, wait until they all get paid the same!

● Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries. **Note:Private healthcare is what got me healthy!

● Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.


People with Lyme really need to have choices for healthcare, which include alternative options. When our choices are limited, people with Lyme WILL suffer.


Because the ONE SHOE DOES NOT FIT ALL, THE CONVENTIONAL ROUTE WILL NOT WORK. Individualized, personal care is the real winner.


“CHOICE: It’s how you get healthy.”

That would be my anti-slogan for this.


If this is important to you and you want others to know about the looming problem that faces all of us, then pass this on to your friends and family……


Ahhh The Weekend Is Here


The weekend is a great time to relax and to also think about a plan to get healthy. On the BeatLyme.com Blog there are some back issues of this newsletter. Take the time to re-read some of the older newsletters to see if there is anything YOU might be missing out on.


If I write about something, it means it’s pertinent to and serious on the subject of Lyme Disease. Although I do try to keep the newsletters personal and entertaining, when I mention products and treatments and schools of thought…they’re things I HAVE USED personally to overcome my own health crisis.


I spent a number of years experimenting on myself, researching and finding my own way out of this mess with the same tenacity and dedication I have when it comes to training and racing.


So re-read and USE the information!


Using Minerals To Beat Lyme Disease and The Scoop On Frequencies


Slaying Lyme Fatigue

Bitten By A Tick Again- But This I'm Prepared!- Click here

Electrolyte Imbalances Are Common In All People Who Are Sick/ Correcting The Imbalance - Click here

How long does a tick need to be attached? Click here

Is Your Lyme Doctor At Fault?

Parasites- Just another Lyme Disease Issue!

New testing for Lyme Disease, better than IgeneX? Click here

Biological Terrain and Mold Issues For Lymies- Click here

Treating Inflammation Associated with Lyme Disease- Click here

Let Food Be They Medicine...Are You Getting Enough Fats? How to tell

More Back Newsletter Issues- click here

See ya later Tick Slayer,





www.BeatLyme.com


Ready for a real plan and tired of being sick? For Lyme Coaching
with Perry, contact arden@beatlyme.com

What Fellow Tick Slayers Are Saying:

"Most Valuable Resource I Have EVER Received..."


"Awesome"


"...I Wish That I Spoke To Perry First Before Doing Anything!"


"Information That You Can't Find Elsewhere...She Is On The Cutting Edge Such That Some Information Really Leaves You Astonished.."


Click here for more coaching information.


Dr. Lendon Smith wrote a book called, Feed Your Body Right. The book is an excellent read and talks about how simple balancing of nutrients is the key to success from ADD to Cancer. He raves about the Complete Health Kit in the book towards the end. If you want to know about how Dr. Smith was using simple methods that adhere to "God's law of human chemistry"- then check this book out today! It's a good read.

Feed Your Body Right: Understanding Your Individual Body Chemistry for Proper Nutrition Without Guesswork




Get updates by signing up at
www.TheTickSlayer.com

Follow me on Twitter (it's easy)!

www.twitter.com/perryfields

1 comment:

  1. Perry

    Thank you for posting the opinion about what will happen to Lyme patients with the current healthcare reform bill. Finally someone else who sees what I see.

    Get ready to take a hit from the Lyme community.

    I happen to completely agree with what you posted, I feel our alternative options will be limited or completely taken away. One size fits all treatment for everything determined by a "government panel" is scary stuff.

    Alternatives have been a lifeline for me. I pay most out of pocket but I am better than I was when Conventional Medicine was treating me and almost killed me. Insurance had little problem handing out thousands and thousands for that....

    I am (was) an RN and know how the healthcare system works, what they are proposing will do little to help and much to hurt...

    I have posted comments to the Lyme community on several discussion boards and gotten backlash that "how can you allow so many to go without care?" and
    "What is being proposed is better than doing nothing"
    "We have done nothing for years, we need a big change" trying to make me a bad guy for not helping "those poor people who get no care"

    People better wake up and pay attention or we will suddenly find as Lyme patients we cost too much to give any care to at all.

    Thanks for listening

    ReplyDelete